I'm passionate about ethically produced goods, and I'm also a mad devotee of fairy lights. Now there's nothing much to link those two statements is there? At least that's what I thought until I discovered this fantastic range of ethically (and gorgeously) produced fairy lights, available direct from the company, online. (Although they also have a shop in Camden.)
For me this is a match made in fairy light heaven!
So I was prancing with excitement when Blaze On let me choose some fairy lights to review on this blog! I need to try and express just how gorgeous their range is. And how vast. These aren't just normal twinkly tree lights. From feathers and flowers, to ambient balls and hearts, their website is an Aladdin's cove of sparkly delights just begging to be strewn round a bedroom or mantlepiece mirror.
I opted for the Romantic Rose LED lights in pink. On a generous 8 metre, 30 light string. They're breathtakingly beautiful and surprisingly bright, so in the evenings they're the only light I use in our bedroom. They're the ones on this page: http://www.blaze-on.com/fairy-lights-roses-romantic/fairy-lights-roses-romantic-pretty-pink-30-bulb-led which sell for £34.50
It's all in the packaging
Well it's not of course. But really, if we're honest – doesn't gorgeous packaging add to a product, in the same way that you really can judge a book by its cover?
The lights come delivered in wrapped in delicate tissue paper, like posh lingerie.
Full ethical and environmental policy
I'm thrilled to have discovered these lights – like I said above, they're not just ethically produced, but also beautiful and in a mouthwatering variety of shapes and colours.
They come with a one year electronic guarantee and I'm really impressed by the specificity of their ethical trading and environmental policy, which I've copied to show you:
Blaze On is committed to environmental best practice in all our activities. Whether in the UK or abroad we seek to grow our business with a parallel awareness and respect for the community.
People, Purchasing and Community Development
- We collaborate with roughly 20 home-run businesses in Thailand, making it possible for parents to support their families and educate their children.
- We purchase Fair Trade and ethically sourced, wherever possible and practical.
- We prioritise suppliers whose environmental practices take into consideration the well-being of both planet and the community.
Recycling, Resourcing and Energy
- We recycle waste products such as paper, toner cartridges, cardboard and plastic. All thanks to our wonderful borough's recycling programme.
- We use organic, responsibly sourced and recycled materials, where possible, in both production and in the running of our offices.
- We promote the use of public transport and bicycles by staff – including management!!! Our mums even have a lift club!
See the full Blaze On range on their scrummy website.http://www.blaze-on.com/index.php?route=common/home
I'm a fairy light loving mummy and so I was only too glad to accept these lights free of charge to review. But of course my thoughts and opinions are my own – you wouldn't want it any other way :-)