I haven't done one of these for a while, but I want to make them a regular fixture on my blog. It's my way of remembering the little things that make up family life and celebrating the local things that make up Chiswick life!
So here is the Chiswick weekend that was…
1. Chiswick Boy and Chiswick Daddy finished making the built in BBQ. They used old bricks salvaged from a skip across the road (Chiswick Daddy knocked on the door and asked first of course – and the nice family were more than happy to see them going to a good home!). We bought the grill bit from Argos and it ended up having one bit missing, so it was a bit of a trek to go and get a new one. But Argos did apologise with a small gift voucher.
I love my BBQ!
2. We got organised and did a mammoth online shop with Waitrose. This is part of my trying to budget and meal plan, especially as we get through that horrid last week of the month empty pocket feeling!
I have to say that shopping online with Waitrose was as pleasurable as nipping around their airy store. They had a £10 off £60 or £15 off £100 offer. I took the opportunity to stock up on sparkling and still mineral water – enough to see us through summer. (Yes, we buy bottled water – I do feel ashamed, but it's my luxury item).
The only mistake I made was managing to order just 47g of liver! But apart from that, it was a pleasure! I'm a convert – especially to money off vouchers! I think I may do the rounds of a few other money off deals…
3. We played rounders/baseball in Boston Manor Park. Lovely to be outside.
4. We weeded flower beds, planted out basil and watched lots of little frogs jumping down our flowerbeds.
5. Now that Sky has fixed our broadband and it's been de-snail paced, we indulged in netflix!
We love to get into our pyjamas and snuggle on the sofa. We watched Tinkerbell and the Pirate Fairy, and a couple of episodes of My Little Pony. And yes I have a son! And we are proud Tinkerbell and My Little Pony fans.
After Chiswick Boy was safely in bed, Chiswick Daddy and I also watched World War z – which I loved.
And Before Midnight which was very engaging if you already know and love the characters from the first two films. It's one of those films that is slow to watch but which sticks with you for a few days – I'm still thinking about it. Such a compelling trilogy and I hope there's another one in 10 years time.
6. I played Skylanders with Chiswick Boy. Or rather, I followed him obediently around the screen for 45 minutes not understanding what on earth is going on. There used to be a time when my son couldn't even roll onto his tummy – how can he now be explaining computer games to me? :-)
7. We had lots of lovely bedtimes – Chiswick Boy has been read to every night since he was born. He always falls asleep while being read to. We've grown from hard cover books to picture books and now to chapter books. We're currently reading Wind in the Willows. What a lovely way for Chiswick Daddy and I to revisit childhood favourites – a few pages at a time, every night. Most of the time we fall asleep too. Sh!
How was your weekend? x